Can I oppose my spouse’s divorce application?

In short, yes it is possible. To do so, however, it is important to follow the proper process as set out in the law. If you opt to ignore a Court case, the Court may pass judgement without your presence or acknowledgement. You may suddenly find your marriage legally terminated and that ancillary matters regarding child custody, joint assets, maintenance etc have been decided in a court order. Such court orders are legally binding even with your absence during the Court hearing.